Autor Thema: Problems and suggestions  (Gelesen 1895 mal)

Admin

• Administrator
    • EgiGeoZone
  • Gerät: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4, S5, S2, S7
  • Version: MIUI 10.0 Global, Android 4.4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8.1, 12, 13
Problems and suggestions
« am: 08.07.2015, 18:57:24 »
Hi,

Great work with this app. I’ve been trying it out for a couple of weeks.
I wonder if you can resolve a few issues if you are not already working on it.
Can you add an option to allow an action based on recognizing entering or exiting a geofence.
This is possible as I have used it in another similar app.
The other issue is to not send multiple messages after entering or exiting a zone.

On the positive side this works as intended on most occasions. So far I have only tried SMS messages
as an option.

Best regards,
Janaka

Sent from Windows Mail
Schöne Grüße
Egmont

Admin

• Administrator
    • EgiGeoZone
Re: Problems and suggestions
« Antwort #1 am: 08.07.2015, 18:57:50 »
Thanks for writimg me Janaka!

But the best place for questions and issues is my forum wirh th English corner: https://www.egigeozone.de/forum/index.php?board=13.0

Can you add an option to allow an action based on recognizing entering or exiting a geofence.

What action do you mean? I am allready calling actions: server call, short message, email, call the Tasker ap and others.

The other issue is to not send multiple messages after entering or exiting a zone.

I can not understand this problem of sending multiple messages. It sends a message when you leave and one when you enter a zone.

All the best
« Letzte Änderung: 21.02.2023, 10:58:20 von Admin »
Schöne Grüße
Egmont

Admin

• Administrator
    • EgiGeoZone
« Antwort #2 am: 08.07.2015, 18:58:12 »
Hi Egmont,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I could not register even on the English corner.
The issue I raised was that the app does not differentiate entry from exit.
I would like different commands on entering and exit. (eg., Text content to change - I am at work vs I am leaving work now)

The other issue is that within a short period to disable sending texts more than once.
The app sends out texts every time the phone does a location check even when stationary in the geozone.
Example it sends out a text that I am home if I turn the phone on at home which is fine. But it also
sends several texts within my work zone even when I am moving around in the geo zone purely due to location
checks by the phone/google.

Hope you understand the two issues better now and can help solve it. The first issue of different commands
on entry vs exit is available on another similar app so hopefully should not be too difficult.

I apologise if these can be addressed within the app already and I just have not discovered it.

Best regards,
Janaka
Schöne Grüße
Egmont

Admin

• Administrator
    • EgiGeoZone
« Antwort #3 am: 08.07.2015, 19:09:23 »
Hi Janaka,

Zitat
The issue I raised was that the app does not differentiate entry from exit.
I would like different commands on entering and exit. (eg., Text content to change - I am at work vs I am leaving work now)
With the variables you can achieve this now too: http://egigeozone.de/manual/default_en.html#variables

I am at work: I ${transition} ${zone}.   ==> I entered work.
I am leaving work now: I ${transition} ${zone}.  ==> I exited work.

But, in the next version I am differentiating between entering and exiting. The next version will be deployed next week.

Zitat
The other issue is that within a short period to disable sending texts more than once.
The app sends out texts every time the phone does a location check even when stationary in the geozone.
Example it sends out a text that I am home if I turn the phone on at home which is fine. But it also
sends several texts within my work zone even when I am moving around in the geo zone purely due to location
checks by the phone/google.

Yes, this is a problem within your phone is getting the location from the Google Services. It is a mix between GPS, Wifi hotspots and GSM:
Top OS and/or devices producers (including iPhone and Android devices) use hybrid positioning systems that involves combining several positioning technologies GPS, Cell ID, and/or Wi-Fi to deliver a reliable, accurate, cost-efficient location within a mobile application at all times.
Here I found a good explanation and a nice graphic about this behavior: http://geoawesomeness.com/knowledge-base/location-based-services/location-based-services-technologies/

So the best thing is to increase the radius of the geofence zone. I use 500 meters. You have to test the best radius for you position at work.

« Letzte Änderung: 08.07.2015, 19:33:53 von Admin »
Schöne Grüße
Egmont

JanakaV

• Gerät: Samsung Galaxy Note 4
  • Version: Android Kitkat
« Antwort #4 am: 08.07.2015, 22:18:04 »
Thanks for the update. Look forward to your next version. I appreciate that the repetitive commands on multiple location check will be difficult to address as it is outside your apps control. However, can I make a suggestion of adding a command to not check for location for a defined period of time after executing a command? I find that the commands on entering or exiting a geofence are usually executed close to each other. Once a geofence is recognized and a command is executed if the user is able to define a time period before app accesses location this might overcome this situation. Just a suggestion and I am no developer. Hope you find the best path for this app in the future.

Admin

• Administrator
    • EgiGeoZone
« Antwort #5 am: 09.07.2015, 09:31:25 »
THanks you for the suggestion. I will keep this in mind!
Schöne Grüße
Egmont

JanakaV

« Antwort #6 am: 19.08.2015, 20:46:58 »
Hi Egmont,

Just a feedback. I have updated the app and have tested out the new features. Repeated text alerts even when stationary in the geofence is still a problem. When I am at home with my wife I get text alerts that she is home! Thank you for adding profiles for entering and exiting criteria. The only way to create different text alerts for entering and exiting a geozone is by creating one geofence for entering profile and another geofence for the exiting profile. Can't this be combined? I see that in the profile for more actions you have allowed defining actions on entering and exiting in the same profile.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

JanakaV

« Antwort #7 am: 19.08.2015, 20:48:28 »
P.S - Can you please add english translations to the blog buttons

Admin

• Administrator
    • EgiGeoZone
« Antwort #8 am: 20.08.2015, 07:23:20 »
P.S - Can you please add english translations to the blog buttons

See: https://www.egigeozone.de/forum/index.php?topic=73.0
« Letzte Änderung: 21.02.2023, 10:58:47 von Admin »
Schöne Grüße
Egmont

Admin

• Administrator
    • EgiGeoZone
« Antwort #9 am: 20.08.2015, 07:34:44 »
Hi Janaka,

thank you for the feedback.

Zitat von: JanakaV
The only way to create different text alerts for entering and exiting a geozone is by creating one geofence for entering profile and another geofence for the exiting profile. Can't this be combined?
The only way to work with different text at entering and exiting a zone, is to add variables to the text.  It is how I discribed it allready here: https://www.egigeozone.de/forum/index.php?topic=69.msg353#msg353
Other changes to the app, would be a bigger change of the philosophy of the app.

I didn't forget the option with the time to not start a command after one is done.
« Letzte Änderung: 21.02.2023, 10:59:03 von Admin »
Schöne Grüße
Egmont

Admin

• Administrator
    • EgiGeoZone
« Antwort #10 am: 21.08.2015, 15:05:51 »
@Janaka: I have sent you a PM.
Schöne Grüße